CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 4, 2008

38 week dr appointment....

I had my 38 week dr appointment today. It went well. My GBS came back negative and my thyroid level is staying constant, so that is good. My blood pressure was high when I went in (155/80) and so the dr was a little concerned, but said that she would recheck it after the exam. We listened to Brandon's heartbeat and it was in the 150s, so very good. Brandon is still head down and when I asked her to guess his weight, she said between 8 and 8.5 pounds! Eeek!!! He's going to be a big boy!!! Then came the fun part. It was my first internal check, so I was VERY excited to see if I had made any progress. It's not much, but I am 1cm dialated, 50% effaced, and he is at a -2 station. So, he's still pretty high up there. The progress is decent. She stripped my membranes (without asking or telling me first) so we'll see what happens from that. I'm a little crampy, but nothing major. I doubt that it is going to do much. I was kind of hoping to wait until next weeks appointment do to any membrane stripping because tomorrow we have to drive an hour and a half away to pick up some friends at the airport. Oh well, I guess we'll figure it out, but I doubt anything is going to happen, especially with him being so high. So, overall, a good appointment. Oh, and my blood pressure went back down to 127/70-something after the exam, so all is good with that. I will post another update next Friday after my 39 week appointment unless something happens before then!!!

0 comments: