CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Still pregnant.....again.

I went in on Friday hoping to be induced, but as most of you know it was kind of up in the air because they wanted my cervix to be "favorable." At my appointment before Friday, I was at 1cm, 50% effaced and at a -2 station. Friday morning at 6am, I was still the same, but the doctor decided to try anyway because she was hopeful that we could work with it. So, I got the IV and signed all of the forms and got settled in the room. Around 8am they inserted a foli-bulb(sp?) to try and get my cervix to dialate some more. It was successful, and I dialated to 3cm in a few hours. After that, they started me on a pitocin drip. That did pretty much nothing. I was having contractions, but they weren't regulating or strong enough. They continued to up the dose and it still didn't do anything. So, around 8pm they decided to take me off the medicine, let me eat and get some rest and they planned on starting up around 4-5am this morning with more pitocin. So, this morning they checked me and I was still at 3cm, 50% effaced and at a -2 station. They hooked me back up to the pitocin around 5am. They continued increasing the dose all day until I reached the max, and I still wasn't having regular or painful contractions. The doctor came in and said that they wanted to try to insert the cydotec (sp?) pill but had to wait for an hour after the pitocin to see if my contractions would slow down. Apparently, the cydotec (sp?) cannot be given if you are having more than 2 contractions every 10 minutes because it can cause contractions to come on too quickly and cause distress to the baby. So, after waiting the hour, I was having exactly 2 contractions every 10 minutes. They gave me the cydotec (sp?) and said that it could take anywhere from 4-6 hours to start working. So, four hours later, I was having ZERO contractions. Nothing. So, the doctor decided that I just wasn't ready to have Brandon yet. She decided that it would be best for us to go home. She said that technically, there is no medically necessary reason to do a C-section and if they keep pushing the induction methods it could cause uterine damage, and distress to Brandon. So, the plan is to go in on Monday and be monitored for a couple of hours, have my membranes stripped, and if no progress has been made I will leave and come back on my originally scheduled induction date of the 29th. On the 29th, I will officially be 41weeks 3 days. She said that at that point, it would be medically necessary to try every angle to induce and if I fail induction then they will be forced to do a C-section. So, on Tuesday, she will start the entire process that I just went through for the past 2 days all over again with hopefully a better result and if that fails, C-section it is. I cannot begin to express how upset I am. I NEVER in a MILLION years thought that we would be leaving the hospital without our baby. I know that he "will come when he is ready" but that just does NOT make me feel better about the whole thing. All I can do is wait, which I am NOT very good at doing. So, that's my update. I'm a sad panda.

0 comments: