CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Still pregnant.

Hello everyone!!!! Brandon still isn't here yet. We are actually still in the hospital. This morning when they checked me I was still 1cm dialated, 50% effaced and Brandon was still at a -2 station. Luckily, the doctor on call decided that they could work with that. So, I was set up with an IV and later they inserted a Foli-bulb(sp?) into my cervix. A foli-bulb(sp?) is basically a balloon that they insert into the cervix and inflate with water to put pressure on the cervix to help it dialate. It took a few hours, but it got me to 3cms. Around noon, they started me on a pitocin drip. It didn't really help me dialate much, but I could sure feel some contractions!!! They were VERY uncomfortable!!!! I slept on and off all day while they monitored me and Brandon. Around 7pm they decided to wait until 8pm to let the pitocin work in my system for 8 hours. At 8, they decided to take me off of all of the monitors and medicine and let me rest for the night. They plan on starting the pitocin back up tomorrow morning around 4am and are hopeful that with some rest my body will respond better tomorrow. So, we're still here and hopefully our little guy will be here tomorrow!!! Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful and kind words that you have sent us!!! Also, thanks for keeping us in your prayers!!! We are just so blessed to be experiencing this wonderful event!!! We will post pictures of Brandon as soon as we can. Take care!!! We love you all!!

0 comments: