CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I swear I'm going to be pregnant forever!

I had my 40 week appointment today. It started with the usual weight and blood pressure check. All is well with that. Then, it was off to see Dr. Holland, my regular OB. The nurse asked me if I wanted to be checked for progress and of course I did. Then she asked me if I wanted the dr to strip my membranes if he could, and again I said yes. She proceeds to warn me of Dr. Holland's notoriously large hands and painful membrane stripping reputation. So, I braced myself, but NOTHING could have prepared me for what I was about to experience. Dr. Holland comes in and does the usual measuring of the uterus and heartbeat check. All is well and then we move on to the internal exam. All I can say is OUCH!!! He had a really hard time stripping my membranes because apparently I am barely dialated to 1centimeters. Blah. I was hoping for more progress than that, but no such luck. After a quite intense exam, I get dressed and go to his office to discuss our options. As of my 39 week appointment, my non-stress test was scheduled for the 25th and induction was scheduled for the 29th. Well, after asking Dr. Holland if there is anyway that we can bump it up a little, he agreed to induce on the 25th. YAY!!!!!!! Well, there is a bit of a catch. If I go in on the 25th and the doctor that is on call to induce doesn't feel comfortable inducing because my cervix is still being stubborn and not cooperating, then there is potential that I can be sent home.....baby-less. So, needless to say, if that happens, I will be one sad panda!!! So, if you could, PLEASE pray, chant, hope, wish, whatever means necessary, send me all the good luck and "favorable cervix" vibes possible. I know it's weird to request favorable cervix vibes......but, hey....I'm desperate!!! lol So, that's my update. I will post another update if anything happens....well, IF I have a chance to post I will. Hopefully, next time I blog it will be AFTER Brandon has made his entrance. Although, I'm sure if he is anything like his parents, he will be "fashionably late" as we are NEVER on time!!! lol

0 comments: