CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Before our world gets a little crazy......

Brian is on his way home for R&R, so the next couple of weeks are going to be kind of crazy. It is definitely going to be the good kind of crazy though.

Speaking of Brian, let me share a little update on him. He was officially pinned Sgt yesterday!!! He went to the board on February 3rd, and passed. Then, he had to wait until the promotion points for February came out and once they did, we knew that he was going to be promoted. As of yesterday, he was pinned by his unit, and he is now Sgt. Brian J. Hays!!!! We are SO proud of him!!! He has definitely earned this promotion as nothing in the Army has come easy to him. So, his hard work, patience, and studying has paid off. Yay Brian!!!! :)

In my news, I'm still trucking along in school. I am taking Fitness for Life, US History II, Biology, and Ancient Literature. The fitness and History class are pretty easy. Biology is not too bad, and the Literature class isn't too bad either. Biology is a lot of technical, and complicated words, and Literature is a TON of reading REALLY BORING material. I am doing ok this semester, but doubt that I will be making all A's and a B like I did last semester. Oh well. I'm just trying to make it through as quickly as possible so I can start teaching. Other than school, there really isn't much else going on in my life besides taking care of B and waiting for Brian to come home.

Brandon news is good. He is getting bigger by the day! He has learned a ton of new tricks, so I doubt I will remember them all. For starters, he knows what it means when I say, "Can I change your diaper?" He walks over to his changing table. Haha. He HATES having a dirty diaper, so I suppose this is the main reason, and I doubt that it will last long, but it is cute while it lasts. He dances ALL the time, and when he is holding something in his hand and I ask him to shake it, he bounces his little tushy. :) SOOOO cute. He is understanding SO many new things. He started pointing to things, and points ALL the time now. He LOVES when I chase him around the house, and loves to tackle me. The smile on his face when I am dodging him is priceless. His best friend is still Leia the beagle. They play chase all the time, and it never gets old to him. He is just beginning to hold my hand to walk places instead of having to be held, although we move at a snail's pace. It is precious when we walk hand in hand. It is moments like these that I want to remember forever, as I know that he is getting big fast and I am going to miss these moments. He is perfect, and we love him more each day.

Well, to close this post, I am going to share a couple of pictures of Brandon's new rain coat that Nana and Papa sent him. It is a fire truck rain coat, so it fits him perfectly! :) It is a 3T and it FITS!!! lol Can you believe it?!? :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

Mary said...

What are you reading in ancient lit? Whatever it is, I bet I have notes on it! You sure have a full load of classes! good luck!