CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dr. Appointment!

Hello everyone!! It' Dr. Appointment update time!!! We saw Dr. Holland yesturday for my 36 week appointment (I am actually 35 weeks and 4 days). It was another great appointment. Brandon is doing great. His heart rate is excellent. I am measuring at 37 weeks, which is a little ahead, but completely normal. We asked Dr. Holland if he could tell what position Brandon is in. His exact quote was, "Oh yeah. He's head down, big time." I wonder if that is any inclination that Brandon is going to have a big head. Eeeek! I had my group b strep test done, and should get those results at my next appointment. We duscussed induction briefly because I would like to avoid being two weeks late since my family is coming to visit exactly two weeks after my due date. Dr. Holland said that at my next appointment, which will be my 38 week appointment, they can do an internal check to see if I've made any progress and if my cervix is favorable (meaning dialated to at least a 2 and starting to efface) then I can choose to have my membranes stripped. I doubt that I will be dialated enough to have that procedure done, but if I am, I will probably wait until my 39 week appointment because we are supposed to pick up the Roberts family from the airport the day after my 38 week appointment, so I don't want to leave them hanging. Plus, I don't mind waiting until 39 weeks to get things moving. The stripping of the membranes does not ensure that labor will start, but it does encourage the body to start dialating. So, that is pretty exciting. They went ahead and scheduled my next 3 appointments. The 38 week, 39 week, and 40 week appointments, so that is really exciting. It is so nice to be getting down to the wire. We are both so excited and cannot wait to meet little Brandon. As far as I am concerned, all I am waiting on is our travel system to come in the mail, and Brandon can show up any time after that. I am SOOOO ready to meet this little guy. That's about all the updates I have for you all. I will post another update after my next appointment, which is on January 4th. 30 days left!!!! Eeek!!!

0 comments: