CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

So, I am joining the blog world.....

Yep, it is true.

I have decided to create a blog for my little familia. We have a relatively crazy little life, and I figured that it would be neat to chronicle our adventures and allow for our friends and family to come along for the ride. I suppose this first entry should include a brief introduction of our family and description of our life. So, since I am sure you are on the edge of your seat with excitement, here goes:

Our little family consists of myself Rebecca (Mama), my amazing husband Brian (Dada), our gorgeous son Brandon, and our wonderful doggie Emily.* Brian and I met in 2001 working at a little daycare center in Katy, Texas. We struck up a great friendship and began dating about a year later. In December of 2002 we became engaged, and shortly after, Brian enlisted in the US Army. He left for basic training in March of 2003. In September of 2003 we got hitched and began our life together. After successfully surviving our first deployment to Iraq (2004-05), we were stationed in Germany in 2006. While in Germany, we decided to expand our family and started our journey to parenthood. On January 30, 2008 we were blessed with our first child, Brandon Joseph Hays. On April 9, 2008 Brian deployed with 1st Armor Division to Iraq for a 15 month deployment. Currently, Brandon, Emily, and I are shacking up with my Mom and Step-dad until Brian comes home (which cannot come fast enough!). My everyday life consists of toothless baby smiles, belly laughs, diaper changes, and instant messages from Dada. As if being a full time Mommy and wife is not time consuming enough, I am a full time student. I am enrolled full time at the local community college (keeping it classy) and working towards completing my Associates of Arts in Teaching in order to obtain my Bachelor's Degree in Education. I plan to one day teach 4th grade-8th grade.

So, I believe that about sums out the happenings in our life to date. I hope that you enjoy reading about us Hayses! Enjoy!

*I'm not biased or anything.

1 comments:

Whitney Bean said...

I saw your webmd post my blog is geoffandwhitney.blogspot.com!