CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Updates!!

From B's old myspace page:

It has been quite awhile since my last blog. There have been quite a bit going on in my little world. Everyday I am getting bigger and working hard to learn new things. I have perfected my roll and can roll completely across the floor now. I suprised Mommy by rolling almost under the bed the other day! It was funny. One of my favorite things to do is jump in my excersaucer and my jumper center!! My exersaucer is very loud when I jump in it, which is the best part! Sadly, I am outgrowing my swing. It stuggles to swing me and will only swing me if it gets a push to start it off. Heh, I am a growing boy!

Mommy talked to the pediatrician and I was cleared to start stage 2 baby foods and juice!!! It has been so fun trying all of the new foods and juices!!! It took awhile to get used to the juice, but I am coming around. Mommy is going to buy me a sippy cup to start practicing with. I have two of them right now and I will drink out of them, but they are not my favorite and Mommy thinks that I will do better with a different cup. We'll see. Auntie Beth can't wait to feed me mashed potatoes, but the doctor said that I need to wait a little longer because the spices and seasonings are not the best for me. Soon though.

I went to North Carolina with Mommy and Auntie Heather in July! I got to meet Nana and Papa Selbe! They live on a farm and I got to see all of the animals!!! They have horses, chickens, goats, cats and dogs! Nana and Papa held me on their horse Dusty, I got to feed the goats leaves, and I got to pet the cats and dogs. The chickens were hiding out in ther coop, so I didn't get to see them. Maybe next time though. While we were in North Carolina, Mommy took me to the Aquarium! I had alot of fun looking at all of the fish that were there. I also got to pet a horseshoe crab and take lots of pictures. We went to an old Civil War fort, Fort Macon. It was really neat to see. It is right on the beach, and so pretty. Mommy took me to the beach for the first time. I was NOT a fan of the ocean, but I didn't mind sitting in my raft on the sand and sleeping. The waves and breeze is very soothing. I slept almost the entire time we were at the beach. The trip was really fun and I can't wait to go back.

The day we got back from North Carolina I had my 6 month well baby appointment. I weighed in at 22.2 pounds. I measured 29.5 inches long, and my head circumference is 19 inches. I am developing well and am a healthy little boy. Mommy asked the doctor to look at my right eye because sometimes when I look up, it is a little off. The doctor said that if it is still doing the same thing at my 9 month appointment, she would refer us to an eye doctor, but that a baby's eye muscles are not completely developed until they are a year old. So, overall, I am a happy, healthy growing boy. I got 3 shots that day and I was not happy about it at all. It hurt and I cried, but when Mommy picked me up, I was ok. My 9 month appointment is schedule for November 2, and I am not looking forward to more shots.

On a MUCH happier note, I said my first word the other day!!! It was July 30, and Mommy, Auntie Heather and I were in the Atlanta airport waiting to board our plane to Houston and I said it. My first word. I said MAMA!!!!! Mommy was SO proud of me!!! As soon as she confirmed with Auntie that she wasn't hearing things, she emailed Daddy to tell him, then she called Grandma and Grandpa Hays, and then she called Grandma Bennett to share the good news!!!! Now, I saw Mama all the time. Mommy keeps trying to get me to say Da-da, but I am happy just saying Mama for now.

Next week I am going to an introductory gymnastics class. My first semester starts August 27th! I can't wait to play with Mommy in gymnastics class and meet other little kids and their mommies. Mommy says that it is going to be good for me to socialize with the other babies and to get lots of practice moving and playing. So, I am excited to get started!!!!

Well, that is about it for now. I will have the pictures from my trip and start a new 6 month album soon. Be looking for them!!!!

0 comments: