CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

5 week hospital stay

From B's old myspace page:

I just got out of the hospital today. I had to be admitted on the 8th because of a fever. It all started around 6pm Friday evening when Mommy noticed that I felt really hot. She took my temperature and it was 102! So, Mommy, Daddy, and I went to the emergency room. I had to have all kinds of tests run to make sure that I didn’t have anything really serious. I had to have blood drawn, a spinal tap, a urinalysis, a influenza culture, and an RSV culture done. Because I am only 5 weeks old, they had to hospitalize me and keep me on IV antibiotics and fever free for at least 24 hours. The doctors couldn’t get the IV in my arm or hand, so they had to put it in my head. It was not fun at all! After being admitted to the pediatric ward, the pediatrician checked me out and commented on the dimple that I have above my tushy. It is called a sacral dimple and Mommy and Daddy were asked if I had an ultrasound done to check for spina bifida occulta. Mommy and Daddy were very worried because nobody had mentioned anything to them before about it and spina bifida is a very serious disease. They were hoping to have the ultrasound done before I was released from the hospital, but we couldn’t get an appointment. So, my appointment is scheduled for March 17th to have the ultrasound done, and the results will be given and my follow up appointment on March 19th. I was finally released today, and the diagnosis is a virus. I am feeling much better now and am very glad to be home.

0 comments: